Cob: The roof

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 25 08:47:35 CST 2003

If you get the top plate tied in to your cob well, you can do almost
anything.  Living roofs are gorgeous and HEAVY and can be high maintainance
(say, if your dog decides she'd rather lie on it than eat the strawberries
later--I pass a place frequently with a small goat and a biggish dog sharing
the top of their doghouse!).

Micheal thinks (snipped):
I really liked the idea of a cob house, but the roof always bothers me. Even
my experimental cob dog house only has a flat sod roof (rafters, built into
the cob, support plywood which in turn is covered by what I think originally
was a waterbed matress, which in turn will be covered by about 4 inches of
dirt and strawberries this spring.)