Cob: First post and a plee...

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 25 19:22:03 CST 2003

Welcome to the list. I'm sure that there are workshops in the UK.  I delete
messages to this address ruthlessly, but occasionally I get a newsletter
from an Irish bookstore (which Ireland, which bookstore, I don't know) that
mentions them.  It strikes me as possible that Permaculture Magazine might
have information.  I get it occasionally, but...if someone else knows?

www.papercrete.com has a bunch of odd listings, saw some Australian Straw
Bale links that I need to fish out for someone else, but no UK cob that I
saw.

did we all take a look a some of Kiko Denzler's ovens and say, wow!  Darel
from Japan posts links to pictures of lime sculpture, submerged lime blocks
that have lasted for a century, paper roofs, and other things from that end
of the world here as well.

the link I gave above is for one of Charmaine Taylor's websites, not just
papercrete.

Martin asked:
I have a question about cob building courses in the UK... Are there any? Or,
are there any cob builders who offer apprenticeships or internships?