Cob: Natural Building foundations and framing workshop

Michele H. Brooks brookdancer at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 1 11:43:06 CST 2003

Riversong Forest Sanctuary announces:

Foundations and framing for Natural Building

Join us in the scenic Hood River Gorge, in Hood River, Oregon (approx. 1.25
hours east of Portland_ for this workshop on how to make foundations for
strawbale and cob building.  Tuition of $300.00 includes 4.5 days of
instruction and hands-on experience, indoor or outdoor camping, vegetarian
food, and a chance to simply be in this pristine setting.  Check or money
order due to:  Radiance, 3226 Dee Highway, Hood River, Oregon, 97031, by
March 15, 2003.

There are several projects planned for this event.  We will establish a
basis for a strawbale wall under a yurt-style roof that is already sunk into
the ground on posts.  We will use galvanized fencing, urbanite, mortar, and
light clay to create a bed for the exterior walls.
We will also create a foundation and framing for an interior cob wall.

Other projects will establish foundations and framing for a cob bread
oven/bench combination and a set of information kioks and trail markers.

Questions?  Email brookdancer at hotmail.com and visit our website
www.riversongsanctuary.org.

Michele Brooks and
Riversong Forest Sanctuary