Cob:

Frances Grill grill at vtc.net
Sat Mar 29 08:32:42 CST 2003

Shannon is probablyr eady to pitch a fit as we digress from cob, but this horsehair thing is sort  of interesting..sort of anti-tech. When I rennovated our 130 year old farm house, i opened the wall partitions to find old clay  bricks used for insulation (thermal mass) they were muded roughly over with clay and  straw mix which the mice loved.Recently, I nearly bought an old feed mixer at auction to chop cobs (corn, not straw clay) for insulation. I think it would be great insulation and non-toxic. I abhor working with fiberglass, it just "feels"  unhealthy.Unfortunatly I live in the southwest where corn cobs are sorta rare. One might be able to get a load of cobs,chopped or whole from a feed mill if they live back east. Nothing but air and fiber. Would  it work? PAZ, Pedro