Cob: Horse hair/pig hair - condensate in a cob lined steel building??.

JanetinTenn at aol.com JanetinTenn at aol.com
Sat Mar 29 15:06:28 CST 2003

Hello Cobbers,
I have a house here in Nashville that I remodeled 5 years ago.  When taking
down the interior walls I noticed kazillions of coarse hairs about an inch
and a half long in the mortar between the woodn slats.  I asked around and
found out that they were pig hairs gotten from a local slaughter house.  The
house is about 80 years old and that mortar was very rotten and crumbly,
seemed like it had a lot of sand in it.

Now to my question... I have decided to buy a steel building and have it
erected over a concrete slab.  I do not have the time, energy, or help to do
the earthern floor, but once the building is up, I can take my time to finish
the interior as I like.  Im wondereing about putting up cob walls as an
insulative, interior wall system.  Anyone have any thoughts, or opinions?
Any devil's advocates out there?   All feed back is welcome.   thanx, janet