Cob: SV: horse hair

Yun Que yunk88 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 31 17:29:57 CST 2003

<P><BR><BR></P>
<DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Cat here, Shaving horses is done all the time for shows and racing but the draw back is that you have left your animal unprotected and will have to blanket, stable, sun and fly sheet them.  Unlike us who get hot and want to get naked, most animles with hair use the hair as insulation to keep body tempetures in the cold and in the heat.  So be patient and collect your hair as you go along so everyone gets what they need.  </P></DIV>
<P>for the good of all Cat<BR><BR></P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>From: "Nilsson, Lovisa" <LOVISA at TANUM.MAIL.TELIA.COM>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>Reply-To: "Nilsson, Lovisa" <LOVISA at TANUM.MAIL.TELIA.COM>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>To: <COBLIST at DEATECH.COM>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>Subject: Cob: SV: horse hair
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 15:27:42 +0100
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>> > Cutting hair from an entire horse with scissors is not my idea of fun.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>Why use scissors? If it is posssible to shave a cow with a machine, I guess you can shave a horse as well.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>> > Dunno how human hair would go, I can't say I really like the idea, seems a
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>> > bit creepy, but that may just be my 20th/21st century cultural bias.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>I met someone who actually did that - I think only on plaster, though. He got the hair from hairdressers in a nearby town.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>/Lovisa