Cob: rats?

therese doll treesa7 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 2 13:00:26 CST 2003

I have actually had the little creatures tunnel through mortar at foundation
level in an old stone house I lived in (walls approx. 1 foot thick).
Granted, the mortar was over 100 years old and the house had been sitting
empty for about 2 years before I moved in but they wanted in and stopped at
nothing!  My guess would be that in a cob structure depth would be on your
side and I have also discovered that they can not chew through steel wool.
I would not let it stop me from building of cob!  Best of luck.

Therese