Cob: rats?

Charmaine tms at northcoast.com
Wed Apr 2 17:04:06 CST 2003

the navy showed me a photo of a baby whose cheek had been bitten through
because a rat wanted the milk inside. sorry about being so lurid, but
rats don't get any of the consideration i give other animals, since i
saw that photo.

david
_____________
David--
the US Navy?  was this a training photo?  are you certain?  There is
another urban legend about cats sucking the air from a baby's mouth to
get the milk( taste)...but this is not true.(old tale to  keep cats away
from cribs most likely).

.I am NOT  challenging you, just curious as to the reason the  Navy was
providing this photo.  I'm ex -Navy-dental corps myself, and never saw
anything like this with all our medical/health  training!

OT comment--
One of the BEST  scarey  ads for sanitation EVER done was a magazine
photo of a big ugly rat with a dotted line around it.. the headline.
"Cut this out and put it in bed next to your child"   .sure motivated
people to keep a clean house, and prevent intrusion of the beasties!!!

I have a hard time keeping field mice out of the studio..too many gaps
in the old redwood boards, thru open soffit areas not yet closed
up..they even ate the dry corn decorations and flowers from Thanksgiving
table decoration that was in storage, and chewed thru good fabric I was
saving for sewing projects!!
Ms. Charmaine  Taylor/ Taylor Publishing
http://www.dirtcheapbuilder.com    http://www.papercrete.com
PO Box 375, Cutten (Eureka) CA 95534
707-441-1632     tms at northcoast.com