Cob:living roof-landscape tubes

Charmaine tms at northcoast.com
Thu Apr 3 21:19:28 CST 2003

Chuck--the gravel sausage sounds like those retaining /tubes used on
sides of steep hills, landscapers use them.  they are some fiber mesh
fabric, like jute, silled with something, you might be able to make your
own /find out how to duplicate them if they are expensive.

In the clean-up industry they are called "pigs" long tubes that suck up
oil spills, etc in factories..

a couple years ago I bought  a roll of coir  2" sq.  woven mesh (made
from coconut fiber) , but it would let dirt/rocks pass thru, they make a
smaller weave  that  could work, and remove  the eventual "rust" factor
from chicken wire.. www.rolanka.com  sells the coir, other places do too.

I saw a ton of the landscape tubes used on hills aside  Hwy  5 while I
was driving home from the CASBA bale meeting...

Ms. Charmaine  Taylor/ Taylor Publishing
http://www.dirtcheapbuilder.com    http://www.papercrete.com
PO Box 375, Cutten (Eureka) CA 95534
707-441-1632     tms at northcoast.com