Cob: GYPSUM ADOBE CONSTRUCTION TECHNOLOGY]

D.J. Henman henman at it.to-be.co.jp
Tue Apr 8 21:15:53 CDT 2003

  Here is some interesting information about a soil-gypsum-lime mixture
that sounds in essence like what the cast earth company uses.   See the
information and URL which was originally sent by CousinDoug.

Charmaine,
      Have you tried this out?

Regards,
    Darel

----------------------------------------Start
http://atlas.cc.itu.edu.tr/~isikb/Tech1.htm
<http://atlas.cc.itu.edu.tr/%7Eisikb/Tech1.htm>
This link is from a site in Turkey.

I've been stompin round lookin for the secret of this "CastStone"
developed by a former rammed earth dude. The best i've found is that
The mix is a basic "rammed earth" mix with a set time additive. The
most common being lime which extends the set time to 20 minutes. I
have made some small samples which hold up very well eg. 1/2" x 1
1/2" x 6" piece which I(200#) can jump on with no degradation save
the edges. This is an accepted technology which is used around the
world extensively.