Cob: moving into the mainstream

Raduazo at aol.com Raduazo at aol.com
Mon May 12 20:59:31 CDT 2003

        Starting tomorrow I will begin building a cob wall as part of a
conventional Washington, DC suburban dwelling. The wall will be 11 ft. wide
by 9 ft high by 2 ft. thick.  It's purpose is to moderate Washington's summer
heat and act as a heat storage and reflecting wall for a small wood stove in
the winter.
       I will be using a combination of machine mixing and tarp mixing in an
attempt to lower the amount of hand (and foot) labor involved and to deal
with clay and stone mixture that is a little hard on the feet.
       I expect to be working on this project off and on for the next few
weeks or months depending on how fast the mixing goes.
       Anyone in the area interested in experiencing cob first hand is
welcome to come by and help.
       I am:   raduazo at alo.com
          or:    Ed at 703-360-2316