Cob: RE: cobbing in New Mexico

Patrick Newberry PNewberry at HFHI.org
Tue May 13 15:06:35 CDT 2003

I have to agree with your partner, you have enough info to continue. Of course I've always had a lot of fun at these type courses, but that is another story / reason. One of the beauties of cob is that it is not that complex.

Pat.
www.gypsyfarm.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Kristina Orchard-Hays [mailto:tinabud02 at yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, May 12, 2003 4:08 PM
To: coblist at deatech.com
Subject: Cob: cobbing in New Mexico

Hello Fellow Cobbers,

After a year of alternative building research and land acquisition searches, my partner and I are finally in the last stages of acquiring land a few miles north of Taos, New Mexico.  We are excited to begin building our cob home and plan to break ground in a few weeks.  Just wondering if there are any other New Mexico cobbers out there and/or if anyone has any advice/insights in building in such a dry climate.  We have read The Hand-Sculpted House from cover to cover, as well as The Cobbers Companion and other resources and have also attended one of Ianto Evans' talks and taken a one-day cob workshop with Robert Francis Johnson in Santa Fe.  I would love to take a more extensive workshop but money is tight and my partner, who is an engineer, is confident we have enough info to get started.  Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Kristina

  _____

Do you Yahoo!?