Cob: Ideas about drainage water and pest.

mike swink mswink77 at mindspring.com
Wed May 14 21:01:05 CDT 2003

If everyone would add some to this it might help.

Water
Thought of cistern system on side of house faceing the direction of the underground water [hydrostatic pressure]
that forces water towards home. maybe some kind of wall that would be poured and then direct water to cistern instead of house. Maybe grooves in basement wall could be grooved.

Extreme Homes on HGTV
The fish house owner/designer said if your house was in fire prone area. To consider that fire that goes up against a flat wall is influenced by air currents to stay up to the wall and then go up the wall to the roof overhang.

But if wall is shaped or had protrudeing rocks or ledges it seems to decrease the damage by reflecting heat away from flat surface of wall.

In old U.S. Patents there are a lot of special designs of ways to keep heat from absorbing into material. To fast release heat back to air is to have shapes that are like spikes or bumbs in metal. This might be usefull in design of heating surfaces etc.

Do Not Laugh
 Years people bought goats or rented them to control weeds and grass. Some died first week because people did not remove plants that kills goats and sheep. Other wise it works fine.

Maybe one day we will rent aardvarks for termites,ants etc.
Or bats for flys,gnats and mesquitos.
Or two Stray cats shown in Stephen Kings movies set out to get rid of rats and mice. Or maybe there could be a detection system to alert us when rat or mice are in area.

Tried once to get Nike to buy my idea about special track style tennis shoes with cleats that fit aardvarks to give them greater traction and thus rid more ants. But we must pick up our pride and go on. When others cannot see the same way. ha