Cob: Chinese/Japanese paper plaster

Taylor Publishing-DirtCheapBuilder tms at northcoast.com
Mon May 19 20:45:36 CDT 2003

If the Chinese recipe for a lime&paper finish are like the traditional
Japanese paper lime finish,  note that the recipe calls for traditional
paper, which  is comprised of various fibers. made from thicker and
stronger natural fibers.    Charmaine have you tried this out with
modern fabricated paper?

Darel
+++++++++++
Darel, the ONLY paper I have used is the shredded office and colored
papers from adverts,  COLORED FLYERS ( SOFTER STOCK) BUT MOSTLY HEAVILY
PROCESSED CHEAP OFFICE PAPER headed for the landfill.  opps caps

I know a real cotton or hemp paper will make a better plaster due to the
fibers alone, but it would be a shame to waste good paper unless it were
being tossed out anyway.

I have been plastering this paper over test sheets of cardboard, heavy
paperboard and other substrates, and the paper sticks WELL unless you
TRY to peel it off, then it will come off in sheets.

Ms. Charmaine  Taylor/ Taylor Publishing
http://www.dirtcheapbuilder.com    http://www.papercrete.com
PO Box 375, Cutten (Eureka) CA 95534 707-441-1632     tms at northcoast.com