Cob: Wood stove in cob wall?

D.J. Henman henman at it.to-be.co.jp
Mon May 19 00:47:23 CDT 2003

Amanda,  see my comments below:

Darel

> Got the masonry heater link opening now.  Thanks.

I've heard that you get better performance from wood burnering if you
have an outside source of air for the burning chamber and not use room
air to burn the fire.

> Chinese recipe for chinking on the vertical log room we're building at
> the end of a pole barn.

If the Chinese recipe for a lime&paper finish are like the tranditional
Japanese paper lime finish,  note that the recipe calls for traditional
paper, which  is comprised of variious fibres. made from thicker and
stronger natural fiibres.    Charmaine have you tried this out with
modern fabricaed paper?

Darel