Cob: Chinese/Japanese paper plaster

Russell Theodore Holzinger IAM at AvidDesignStudio.com
Thu May 22 02:24:00 CDT 2003

The fire retardant and pest deturant is made from Borax a hydrated sodium borate, Na2B4O7·10H2O, an ore of boron, that is used as a cleaning compound.

-----Original Message-----
From: D.J. Henman
Sent: 2003-05-21 10:00 PM
To: coblist at deatech.com
Subject: Re: Cob: Chinese/Japanese paper plaster

The larger fibers would give you a different finish.   You might soak it
overnight first before making a mix.   I recommend doing a small 1 to 2
foot square test sample.   Some like a larger fiber look.

I don't know about the chemicals used for insulation though.   That must
be checked as you mention.

Darel