Cob: Re: Wood stove in cob wall?

Bill&Julie wbates at mn.rr.com
Thu May 15 20:20:49 CDT 2003

Hidare All,,,   On my adventure to Northern Minnesota... I lived in a 8 x 16
home made trailer... We heated it with a 30 gallon barrel stove.
Now I am not saying that what I did was up to code... But I used sheets
of thin aluminum on 1.5 inch stand offs to allow air to flow up between
the aluminum and the masonite paneled wall. The stove was less that 6 inches
from the wall... And the air flow kept the aluminum cool to the touch.
And therefore the wall behind it was also cool...
The aluminum that I ased was from an OFFSET printing press....
In 1975 they were a nickel a sheet...

Hope this helps,,,,    bill