Cob: wood joinery

D.J. Henman henman at it.to-be.co.jp
Mon May 26 00:32:20 CDT 2003

Yes, I agree with you Bill.   Wood joinery works well.   It does take
more time and a lot of skill to do right.   Some similar systems like
taking a tendion all the way throuh anther board/timber and then locking
it into place with a wooden wedge works well to.

Here is a page that shows a timber framed structure for a house using
wood joinery mentioned.:
    http://www.kino-ie.net/images/kigumi.gif

These timber frames are useful for wattle and daub type structures, and
make nice sheds as well.  The cutest one I saw was finished only with a
cob like mix on both the inside and outside, bit it is still standing
after I'd guess 70 years.    A small one story shed, with a nice
overhang.

Darel