Cob: Questions about wool- air gap venting in roof

Taylor Publishing-DirtCheapBuilder tms at northcoast.com
Wed Jun 11 14:14:57 CDT 2003

don't quite understand the gap thing but I saw someone use egg crates,
the big 24 egg , paper ones.  They attached them to a ceiling for sound
reduction in a recording studio.  Would this work for your situation?

Hummm...egg crates may work.   I don't know of any builder who will put
insulation direct to the roof undeside, condensation etc occurs, allows
for rot and mold/moistre build up. this is why an air gap is needed..as
cob breathes, so also does a roof need to.

Ms. Charmaine  Taylor/ Taylor Publishing
http://www.dirtcheapbuilder.com