Cob: and speaking of building in trees...

David Atmoweg vesuviusbobo at email.com
Wed Jun 11 16:16:59 CDT 2003

We're interested in building a one and a half room mini-bungalo
for guests, but we don't have ten square feet of flat land anywhere,
and want to put in in a peaceful spot in the woods, so we're toying
with the idea of a low tree-house.  The structure should be very
simple: a wood floor, posts to hold the roof up (probably steel over
a simple frame) and canvas walls, because no one sane visits in
the winter anyway.  Gravity spring water, composting toilet, no
electricity.
But the movement of trees, as we'd like to hang the floor from three
or four, has me stymied, and I've had little luck finding things
on-line. My searches lead to 1001 purchasable plans for wealthy
suburbanite tree-houses made by carpenters from treated lumber,
the better to poison the kiddies with.
Thoughts?

-d.

www.flamingbunny.org