Cob: and speaking of building in trees...

David Atmoweg vesuviusbobo at email.com
Thu Jun 12 20:19:55 CDT 2003

Cat;

Yeah, the yurt/tipi thing has been suggested, and is under consideration; possibly on a
platform that hangs.  The fact that this is a simple, seasonal tent-plus kind of building
suggests that maybe temporary is the way to go.
On the other hand, there're questions of practicality.  Our main dwelling is a circa 1806
cabin, and we have very little storage space.  Further, our weather is pretty severe, and
(like everyone else's, thanks to one hundred years of industrial civilization) erratic, and
wouldn't want this thing to be like the hammock, and the tomato plants, where we wait
and wait for the weather to let us put it up, and then it gets snowed into.  Last year we had
6 inches of snow on May 20th, this year our last mild frost was in April, but we're getting
sun only one in ten days.  When to put up the yurt?

And we have to wait for the Big Project before we talk about Frank Lloyd Wright.

-d.

http://www.flamingbunny.org