Cob: Rubble Trench Foundation

Vivian Westfall vivian at gentoo.net
Tue Jun 17 00:44:19 CDT 2003

We are building a log duck house with a RTF.  I was wondering if anyone
can help us out.  When I went to look at perforated pipe it was pretty
reasonable, but the cloth covering more than doubled the price.  The guy
at home depot said it really doesn't matter if we use it or not since it
is pretty dry here in Northern New Mexico (although we live at 7500 ft
and the shed is on the north side where we have quite a bit of snow
sitting all winter).  I was wondering if I could just cover it in a
regular bed sheet?  Or is there something else that is cheap and easily
obtained? Can we just skip the covering altogether?
Thanks,
Vivian