Cob: Re: Circular Foundation

Mary Hooper mjhooper at trccomputing.com
Tue Jul 1 19:40:57 CDT 2003

  Dulane: what county and state are you in? Hope you will keep us up to date on your progress.
   I no longer depend on advice from any DIY store. I just tiled a shower stall with ordinary ceramic tile and being a newbie I asked what cement I should use and, following the advice given, used the wrong kind.....of course the HD folks assure me everything will be fine.....let's hope so......
  For anyone interested in building techniques: if you live near a navy base or where a base once was, (probably all the services have similar manuals) look in second-hand bookstores for the military training manuals. They cover all aspects of building. Ours are decades old but worth having for the basics of framing etc. Too bad ours don't include the modern building materials.

   It is so nice to fall asleep imagining the mud house I covet..........I wish I could say I'd be happy if I never saw plastic again, but then I'd have to give up black plastic sheeting...not a pleasant thought....... anyway, Dulane, please tell us of your adventures with the building inspectors and so forth. maybe we can learn from your experience....thanks and keep on finding the free stuff....mary in mitchell county, NC