Cob: Re: Florida soil

David Knowlton pilot1ab80 at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 3 07:32:18 CDT 2003

Ryan,

Hi, I'm from Tampa. I have no unconventional building experience. I was told
that to build an earthen dwelling in Florida one should use Earthbags. I
think you can find info if you search on earthbags,
or earth bags, or natural building. The product is a synthetic cloth tube
that you fill with earth, and I suppose coil up to enclose a space. I was
thinking of posts and beams for a framework, and maybe a central pillar to
support a corbelled roof. Keep asking questions of this group and they will
give you plenty of info. Good luck

David