Cob: Re: insulated earthen floor

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 3 23:03:34 CDT 2003

Can you insulate the foundation/footings?

Do you think that the mineral wool would still work after you banged on it
with the ends of longish 2 x 4's for a while?  Tamped it till the place
rings?

I don't know.
We are preparing to build a poured adobe/earthen floor in British Columbia.
It must be insulated, and we are wondering how this is usually done.  We
have some very dense mineral wool which we would like to use, but are
concerned that the slighted movement under the floor will result in huge
cracks.  Comments?

Kim on Bowen