Cob: sheep manure?

Chandra Glick moonchild1970 at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 13 15:06:01 CDT 2003

Actually, sheep browse on broadleaf plants much more than cows and their
manure comes out in pellets. the sheep manure I've seen seems to be very
well digested with little evidence of fiber left. If you are looking for
fiber in the manure, horse manure is a good bet, but it would probably give
a rougher consistency than cow manure. Rabbit manure would probably give you
the closest consistency to cow.

As to how farmers handle manure, they usually scoop it into a big pile
outside the barn until it can be spread onto the fields. Unless they are
doing concentration livestock farming, in which case they just wash down the
floor of the barn and the whole mess goes into a lagoon.

Oh, how I love being a country gir ;)   -Chandra

----Original Message Follows----
humm...bet they are similar..sheep chew grass, and cow manure has grass
fiber too...leave it to DRY fully, then crumble into a powder and add it to
the cob.

do a search for sheep diets, farming and see if there are any clues to how
the farmers handle manure