Cob: sheep manure?

Patricia L. MacKenzie ruanmackenzie at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 17 14:30:44 CDT 2003

<P><BR>
<DIV></DIV>addressing info scribbled out by me:> </P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>humm...bet they are similar..sheep chew grass, and cow manure has
<DIV></DIV>>grass fiber too...leave it to DRY fully, then crumble into a powder
<DIV></DIV>>and add it to the cob.
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>>do a search for sheep diets, farming and see if there are any clues
<DIV></DIV>>to how the farmers handle manure
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>>Ms. Charmaine Taylor/ Taylor Publishing
<DIV></DIV>>http://www.dirtcheapbuilder.com http://www.papercrete.com
<DIV></DIV>>PO Box 375, Cutten (Eureka) CA 95534 707-441-1632
<DIV></DIV>>tms at northcoast.com
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>I THINK in the east anyway, they have these peculiar looking translucent tanks with a black cap in the middle of the field. They don't resemble water tanks, because of the cap.....and also the proximity to the manure piles here, some of them 6 to 8 feet high by 25 feet by 30 feet semi contained in concrete blocks. It strikes me that the tank-with-black-cap could be a manure digester of some type, 'cause I think the only other alternative is to spread it over the fields. Or build another concrete manure pen, open on one side. Boy there is a lot of it.</P>
<P>> </P>
<DIV></DIV>>