Cob: natural fibres

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 5 07:12:49 CDT 2003

Might have been jute or wool felt, depending on what it looks like.
Although if it's felt you might want to try the burn test to see if it's
really (or mostly) wool.  Wool smells like burning hair.

If it's used, about the only thing I'd want to use it for would be some sort
of mulch or erosion control.  But then I'm pretty allergic to dust mites and
molds.  Don't know if you could un-felt felt enough to use it as fibers in
cob.

Brad wants to know:

Does anyone know much about old carpet underlay?

I have some about 40 years old and it is certainly made from something
natural.