FW: Cob: experience is overrated -- an eight-year-old with a cookbook cou...

Raduazo at aol.com Raduazo at aol.com
Sat Aug 9 13:35:55 CDT 2003

        Regarding experience and eight year olds: One of the most enjoyable
classes that I have taught since my retirement was a cob birdhouse class for
children ranging in age from 5 to 9 years old. You do not have to go out and
build a house for experience. You can build a birdhouse, a dog house, a recycling
center (to hold trash cans and recycle bins or even an interior wall
(provided you have good floor support).
       I believe in taking big chances with small projects. You get valid
experience which can be applied to larger projects. After I finish plastering my
wall, my next goal is to find someone who wants to build a children's
playhouse which will be partly built with child labor.
Ed