Cob: fibrous concrete reinforcement

terry tbryan at tigernet.missouri.org
Sun Aug 10 09:28:43 CDT 2003

Re: Cob: fibrous concrete reinforcementMy wife and I also used some paper in a mix in place of straw, and felt it worked great.  We finished off a 2 ft. thick will in a cabin. The only major draw back that we could see was that it srinks a lot more than traditional cob, and we had some serious cracks where it met with the other cob, but we just took more fdobe and stuffed it it the cracks and they never came back.  There are people in the southwest who are working only with paper, clay, and sand.  I am going to use it as an infill for a post and beam shop.  I will let you know how it goes.  Terry