Cob: Cob Homes in Canada?

D.J. Henman henman at it.to-be.co.jp
Wed Aug 13 02:53:08 CDT 2003

Chandra,
    please notice that the important source of your information as you
stated below is non other than the site for the document I gave the URL
in my e-mail.    See it below, and don't write "it has NEVER been
called"....  It is usually called its proper name by people who don't
want to be ambiguous and want no misunderstandings about what type of
oven or stove is wanted.   They are massive as you said,  it is their
thermal mass that is to be put to use.

As a side note, in this discussion on stoves,.  I save seen a cob type
stove that had about a six gallon iron camber built into it between two
fire holes.   Note, this was made in the days before gas or electric hot
water existed.  The purpose was to have hot water on hand at all times
or a lot of the time   It would also help keep the room from being too
dried out in the winter.

Darel