Cob: messed up building / mechanical mixing (fwd)

Shannon C. Dealy dealy at deatech.com
Sat Aug 16 18:36:40 CDT 2003

I think this was meant for the list.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 16:14:14 -0500
From: Ryan Hunt <ryanhunt at hugllc.com>
To: Shannon C. Dealy <dealy at deatech.com>
Subject: Re: Cob: messed up building / mechanical mixing

As far as machines go, I've used a large vertical auger mixer with great
success.  They are called TMR mixers in the dairy industry.  We can mix
up to 7500 lbs of cob by loading it with a skid loader.  Unfortunately,
though, these also require a tractor to run them and unless you are good
buddies with a local farmer who might have one, they are expensive to
get your hands on them.  They cost around $20K for the smallest ones
like we have.  I'd like to see somebody offer them for rent to other
cobbers.