Cob: Re: Cats dying

Quinn quinn1 at mindspring.com
Tue Sep 9 20:04:25 CDT 2003

> What animal snatchs an cat and leaves nothing behind but a whimper??
> And sumetimes a thump  sound as something hits the ground.

    . . . an automobile?

Oh, it wasn't a riddle...

On the topic of cob, I live in GA also, and have been very concerned about termites here.  Its interesting to read about Kim's woes with fire ants (of course we have them in abundance also!) because I hadn't even thought of them being a problem.

Can anyone tell me of their experiences of using wood within a cob structure -say, framing in windows or doors, or even with rafters or whatever- and possible problems with termites?

I don't want to use any chemicals at all on my land.  I've used diatomaceous earth on fire ants in the yard, BTW.  I had the wrong stuff, the pool stuff -different grind from the insecticide stuff, I've heard- and it still had some effect.

Thanks for your help.
Quinn

Oh, and we don't all have guns in Georgia...