[Cob] earthbags, fireplaces, lofts....

Rainbow rainbow at rainbowolf.com
Mon Sep 15 09:06:45 CDT 2003

Greetings to you and thank you to those who replied to me
regarding 'earthbags'.  I appreciate the assistance.  Now I wondered if
any of you could offer me some advice regarding the following.

I aspire to build my earthbag home with a loft in it, an 'upstairs' for
sleeping.  Have any of you put in upstairs when using earth methods to
build, and how successful was it, what methods did you use?

Also regarding fireplaces.  In my 'ideal home' I would have a central
fireplace, suspended, with the chimney pipe going straight up, although
I don't feel this would be practical.  What fireplaces have you used,
and how have you installed them?

I hope this is not too far off topic.

Peace be with your spirits,

rainbow

"A Native American grandfather was talking to his grandson about how he
felt. He said, I feel as if I have two wolves fighting in my heart. One
wolf is the vengeful, angry, violent one. The other wolf is the loving,
compassionate one. The grandson asked him, Which wolf will win the
fight in your heart?  The grandfather answered, The one I feed."