[Cob] assessment for value, taxes, insurance, etc

Patrick Newberry PNewberry at HFHI.org
Wed Oct 1 10:33:25 CDT 2003

I do not have insurance on my house. At the time I got my permit they only ask how many square feet the house is (I estimated it at 1600 sqft). Now days they are much tougher as they have enacted zoning laws which they did not have when I build my place. Oh progress....

I'm not sure if I'd even be allowed to build my house today.

Pat

-----Original Message-----
From: Quinn [mailto:quinn1 at mindspring.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2003 12:27 AM
To: coblist at deatech.com
Subject: Re: [Cob] assessment for value, taxes, insurance, etc

I don't think this is off topic at all, and I would appreciate hearing any info about the legal ramifications of building/ living in an alternative-built house also.  Even though each state, county, whatever may be somewhat different, any info would give us something about what to expect.  Please respond online.

Thanks,
Quinn