[Cob] question

Alhana Tierra-Sky goddessofthemud at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 15 12:07:11 CDT 2003

Hey everyone! I have a question . . .
a couple of my friends are wanting to build cob flower bed walls and they
want to know the feasability of it. Is it workable, or will the water and
moisture from the flower beds seep into the cob and destroy it? If they
plaster over it, will it help? I was thinking about telling them to build
the lower part out of river rocks or rocks, and then to add onto the wall
with cob. When people do build the foundation with river rocks, should they
dig a small foundation or trench to place the rocks in and build up from
there, or can they start the foundation from ground level? Also, what kind
of mortar do you use in between the rocks? Cement? Or is there an earth
based mortar that can be used?

I hope everyone is doing well . . .
BTW, I have been planning to apply to Cob Cottage Company for the intensive
apprenticeship program this coming summer . . .  does anyone else know of
any other start-to-finish apprenticeship programs that I might want to
consider? Let me know . . . Danke!
Alhana

Send instant messages to anyone on your contact list with  MSN Messenger
6.0.  Try it now FREE!  http://msnmessenger-download.com