[Cob] flooring

Rainbow rainbow at rainbowolf.com
Sun Oct 26 14:17:01 CST 2003

Greetings and peace be with your spirits,

I am hoping to build an earthbag dwelling, but think the methods of
foundations and flooring is probably sympathetic with cob building.

What sort of foundations or footings are required for cob/earthbag
dwellings, please?  Also, regarding flooring, I had hoped to lay
flagstones.  When we lived in England parts of our house were over 900
years old, and the flooring was just flagstones imbedded in sand
somehow.  Would this be suitable for flooring in a cob/earthbag home,
if I dug and leveled the floor then lay the flagstones in a sand bed,
similar to 'crazy paving' porches or patios?

Any advice is greatly appreciated...  I am looking forward to this
journey!

Best of days to you,

rainbow

"A Native American grandfather was talking to his grandson about how he
felt. He said, I feel as if I have two wolves fighting in my heart. One
wolf is the vengeful, angry, violent one. The other wolf is the loving,
compassionate one. The grandson asked him, Which wolf will win the
fight in your heart?  The grandfather answered, The one I feed."