[Cob] joe

Jilly JILLPRUETT at peoplepc.com
Sun Oct 26 17:34:03 CST 2003

The NW is home to me, though I am considering other places as it can be hard to "hide" non-permitted building here - with so much environmental stringencies. Even building a traditional house would require more hoops to jump through with the environmental issues than with building permits.

I am a nurse, and will easily change job locations. My plan is to continue saving this winter, and make final decisions about location and some of the building details. I am looking into roof types, etc...

I hope to start building in spring and am disheartened to find only "compete" cob building workshops to be scheduled in August... not much time to do much after that late date.

I have traveled extensively in the continental US... the NW seems to be the cleanest,  with the advantages of mountains and the ocean. I am originally from Alaska, my family is mostly from Wisconsin...

jill