[Cob] greetings from Louisiana

Tonya Pope Tonya at HoloReality.com
Tue Oct 28 15:20:31 CST 2003

Greetings all,

I just found this list.  It looks like it's going to be a great
resource.  Hope I can contribute some after I learn more as well.
I'm in Louisiana.  We're planning on building a modified cob home
soon.  We'll hopefully be starting before the end of the year.  I say
modified because we'd like to use bousillage.  As near as I can tell,
it's essentially the same as cob, with the exception of spanish moss
replacing the straw ingredient.  There are antebellum homes around
here that use this.  I'm still trying to learn about it all tho.
I've read of the various earthen building materials and believe cob
or bousillage to be the best for our climate.

Looking forward to learning more and happy to be part of this forum!

Tonya