[Cob] (no subject) 12 volts

Bill&Julie wbates at mn.rr.com
Tue Oct 28 18:37:56 CST 2003

Hidare,,,  I think you will find that the codes do not apply to 12 Volts...
Also,, ( here in Minnesota ) If I were to wire my shed, and connect it to my
house
breaker box, then the whole shed must be to code. But if I were to
connect the shed to the house with an extension cord, then the wiring
in the shed does not have to be to code.
At lest that is what I was told...
Now back to the 12 Volts,,, You Could ( that is if you really wanted to )
Have the meter on the pole, with plug ins... Build a weather proof
box by the pole,,, put a large Battery charger and several Batteries in
the box,,, and run very large diameter wires into your house from the
12 VOLT batteries....
{ the larger the wires for low voltage, the less voltage will be lost
through
the length of the wire }

Almost every appliance can be had in 12 volt.  Although they are more
expensive, especially if you look in the sailboat line.

I hope this helps,,,,  always alternatives. Just,, some aren't as elegant as
others.
¤¿¤  bill