Fwd: Re: [Cob] logs from land

goshawk goshawk at gnat3.gnat.net
Wed Oct 29 16:31:37 CST 2003

I used logs from my land. Basically I cut the trees (a
variety of scub oaks, pine, hickory and persimmon). Then I
pealed them using a draw knife. Next I let them sit for a
few months and then I put them on my roof. Since they are
exposed I did have one  or two that started to become home
for some type of small wood eating insect but a little spray
one time only and they were gone.

Since my house / shapes are very organic I did not require
any milling or such. The logs are just in the cob at the
top.

Here is a photo, but it's on a superadobe wall, not a cob
wall, but I latter did the same thing with cob. I also put
cob between the logs on the superadobe wall to keep them in
place.

Pat Newberry
www.gypsyfarm.com

----- Original Message Follows -----