Fwd: Re: [Cob] logs from land

Luanna Dycus lcdycus at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 30 07:44:16 CST 2003

--- Luanna Dycus <lcdycus at yahoo.com> wrote:
I have a lot of poplar....on my property.  It has
been selectively timber too many times and needs to
have the weak and damaged trees cut out.  Can round
timbers be used as interior support poles if they are
somehow raised above ground level or treated with
asphalt and placed into packed gravel?  Would concrete
hold moisture and rot them out?  Could they be placed
into capped pvc pipes?  any ideas out there?  Also, I
have been told by a mill specializing in kiln dried,
planed and routed lumber that logs still need to be
stained and/or sealed to prevent beetle infestation
here in Tennessee.

Lu Dycus