[Cob] non-building code areas

yew yew at premier1.net
Thu Oct 30 23:15:07 CST 2003

From: "Jilly"

>Getting no where positive with the officials
>for the area I wanted to build.

Oh, honey, I could have told you that.  ;)

>(I did call in questions, in a hypothetical scenario).
>Even with the minimum square footage option.

Did you say things like "I plan to live in it"?  I hope not...

>How can I find out what areas do not have building
>codes, so I can weigh my options?
>I hear from this list that this is true in (parts of)
>Missouri, Tennessee and W Virginia.

You might want to check with the folks at www.dancingrabbit.org (okay, I
admit it, I've got a little bit of a crush on 'em).  They may be able to
help you with info on land in MO.  Especially if you're willing to send them
something from their wish list
(www.dancingrabbit.org/donations/wishlist.html).

As much as I'd like to have you as a neighbor, I want you to find a place
that "fits".

Brina