[Cob] no building code areas

Jilly JILLPRUETT at peoplepc.com
Fri Oct 31 11:21:40 CST 2003

Well, trying to build cob in an area with tight building codes is unfathomable to me. I am trying to figure it out, but...

Moving does present issues, however, I have very little support resources in my home area anyway. All my family lives out of state, and I am an only child. Either way, I am going to have to be "social sue" in order to find some help. (Though being a female, and having kids, I do tend to find very nice helpful souls out there ~smile~ )

I took the quiz on FindYourSpot.com a few times, and generally come up with the same answers each time. Washington, Kentucky and Missouri. With Missouri have no building codes, it is a particular interest. Plus the land is cheaper - in Kitsap County it is about $10K an acre, so four acres is just over $40K. This does NOT include any power, septic, phone, etc. Bummer, eh?

Any advice? Suggestions?

jilly