[Cob] cob around wood stove

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 31 21:45:42 CST 2003

Definitely metal and glass doors, metal door frames.  Some of the interior
passages may be metal, may be brick, some other kind of ceramic, or stone.
But, if only because it is a page from the masonry heater association, no,
it's not a cheap woodstove covered with clay in an attempt to make it cool.

there are smoke and heat passages all through those heaters.  The black spot
might even be a leak--below the firebox in that pretty blue and white
contraflow by Erik Nilsen.

Somewhere in the archives (I'm too lazy to look stuff up tonight) there is a
thread including some scientific work by a Russian on how to size those
passages.

Jilly sent this link and comment:

http://mha-net.org/html/gallery.htm

Here is where I see what I think to be cob around a woodstove (page down to
the photos in the middle or so)

what do you think?

Concerned that messages may bounce because your Hotmail account has exceeded
its 2MB storage limit? Get Hotmail Extra Storage!
http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es