[Cob] Not So Big House

yew yew at premier1.net
Mon Nov 3 13:23:32 CST 2003

"David Knowlton" wrote:

>boxy and having wood sounds organic
>and restful next to the *(*&(&-ing
>houses they throw up in tracts around
>tampa.

You should come visit the Issaquah Plateau (in Issaquah, Washington--a suburb
of Seattle) so you can have something new to hate.  ;)

My brother-in-law lives in a two-story, 3000 sq. ft. house that's made of the
shoddiest crap you can imagine.  It's covered in that Weyerhaeuser siding
that's made (as far as I can tell) from compressed toilet paper or something.
Basically, it absorbs the rain (but how often does it rain here in the PNW,
really?), bulges and peels.  I guess it wouldn't be such a big deal...except
that the place has a resale value of about a quarter million.

<sigh>

Brina