[Cob] thank-you

Steve Ringering RingerSA at pa1.ah.org
Mon Nov 3 23:52:42 CST 2003

To all of you who are more or less shooting the breeze in a practical
sense, thanks!  I will be taking on my own project and am running thru
all the angles in my brain as well.  I plan to morph my aging 24x60 ft
double wide into a cozy cob dwelling.  It'll be a bit bigger than I
would have originally opted for but the decision isn't mine alone.  It
is on a gently sloping hillside that slopes about 5 feet from one end to
the other (lengthwise).  Plan to start with a 12x20 daylight basement on
the lower end.  Kinda a root cellar/green house combo as it faces south
(couldn't have planned it better myself.)  We live on ten acres and have
only one neighbor (which we can't even see unless we walk over to the
property line.)  pretty isolated especially when you consider that we
are about 16 miles from Portland city limits (Oregon).  Anyhow we're
expecting do the whole thing over several years without any permits
since it can be said that we aren't building but repairing walls
(replacing the thin with thick).  Electricity is already in and we have
well water and septic.  What will be interesting is what might be said
fifty years from now when I'm gone and my daughter sells the place.

Karma is a boomerang,

STEVE