[Cob] thank-you

Mary Hooper mjhooper at trccomputing.com
Tue Nov 4 08:11:03 CST 2003

Steve wrote:
 Anyhow we're
> expecting do the whole thing over several years without any permits
> since it can be said that we aren't building but repairing walls
> (replacing the thin with thick).
We found out last year that in our county to be legal even this much work
would need a permit. It boggles my mind trying to figure out how the folks
in our county office would figure out the value of your project.
Please keep us informed as to your progress as this sort of conversion could
be the answer to a lot of folk's cob house dreams......especially those who
have kids to keep sheltered while work goes on....i often wonder why Habitat
for Humanity does not build with cob.....
Mary