[Cob] poop in compost

Darin Lang darin at doolang.com
Tue Nov 4 19:09:17 CST 2003

All these questions are answered in The Humanure Handbook
http://jenkinspublishing.com/
Yes, there is a big difference between a leach field and a compost pile.
A leach field disperses foul effluent which may contain lethal levels of
bacteria and disease causing organisms because of the septic tank which
is a breeding ground for anaerobic bacteria and viruses. A compost pile
on the other hand undergoes aerobic decomposition which breaks down and
eliminates toxins in numerous ways.
Darin