[Cob] Re: Coblist Digest, Vol 1, Issue 20

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 5 08:07:25 CST 2003

Looking good! (even if there isn't a sand dome picture that I saw--
thumbnail pictures stopped loading about half-way down, and even though I
could get them via <right click show picture> I didn't always.)

have you baked bread yet?

Looks like there are five or more Georgia cobbers. Unfortunately I don't
keep messages or addresses on Hotmail.

Would you like my list of picture pages?  I'd probably have to edit them
(shudder) but they do include cob pictures as well as weird Japanese paper
buildings.

I think this is my first (maybe 2nd) post.  I've been lurking for a long
time. Waiting until I
have all my chicks in order.  They're now in order.  I just moved into my
new
place in the country.  About an hour and a half north of Atlanta, GA.  I've
been
reading all the books, visiting cob homes/buildings from coast to coast (cob
cottage to
gypsyfarm), doing research on the internet, and now feel educated enough to
start
my own natural building projects.  There is a huge difference between book
learning and
hands on experience, tho, so I'm starting small.  You can see my first cob
project at:
www.owlswamp.com    - an earthen oven.  For now, here's the help I need.  I
want to hear from those on the list that have direct experience mixing cob
in large batches.  I've read about using a rototiller and that sounds good
to me. It fits my budget (I can't afford a tractor).   I'm a visual learning
type person (as you can tell by my web site if you visit it).
If there's anyone who has details such as this on their site, let me know.
I wish there
were more pictures of "how I built it with cob" on the WWW...
Also, I'd really like to get some kind of Georgia Cobbers Assoc. going if
there are any interested parties (like the NC and DC groups)....thanks for
any help.